Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Soul Capture

50mm (APS-C) f/2.2 1/100sec iso1000
For me this was the hardest of the assignments we've had in class. After looking at this photo for a few days I believe I understand why I like it. Initially I didn't feel like this really portrayed what I was wanting to portray. I had my own vision/concept of what I wanted for my subject and I felt like this didn't do it justice. However, there is something with this image that connects me to the subject. I feel like I am actually looking at a living, breathing, person; not just a screen with pixels populating it. And that right there is why this image works for me.

2 comments:

  1. One of its qualities is you can't stop looking at it; texture, depth, contrast, but who cares? It's authentic and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing photo. It's amazing how you were able to capture the soul even without props or other people.

    ReplyDelete